If I wanted to 'soup-up' that board I would:
1) Have a plan to measure performance to goal.
2) Get an Athlon with a Barton core.
3) Get a pair of Maxtor MAX9's as RAID 0 on the Promise controller.
4) Have Windows XP with 1G of PC2700.
5) Get a broad band ISP.
6) Would not change Video card unless/until a specific problem appears.
"A B" wrote in message
> I use my PC for many things ranging from documents and
> games to graphics and publishing. Hardware I want to
> *XP1800 (on an Asus A7V333 using an Enermax 300W PSU)
> *Geforce 3 Ti200
> I prefer not to spend more than $250 on upgrades. Can
> I upgrade with significant results (not a mere
> difference of a few seconds loading or 10 FPS in a
> game) or should I wait another year and build an
> Athlon 64 system with better everything? >> Stay informed about: Upgrade or New System?